The Juliet Cullinan Wine Festival
Now in its 21st year, sponsored by Standard Bank since 2000, this is the premium wine festival in South Africa showcasing 60 icon boutique wineries. Exhibition is by invitation only and appeals to a loyal, discerning wine clientele.
It has enjoyed the sponsorship of Pick 'n' Pay, the largest supermarket in South Africa, since 2007. Makro have offered a "Sip & Shop" special offer on show wines together with national distribution since 2008.
The Juliet Cullinan Wine Connoisseurs Award
An Award aimed at highlighting the finest wines from wineries invited to attend the Juliet Cullinan Standard Bank Wine Festival.
Sponsorship is being sought to enable a group of Monaco & Paris sommeliers to attend in South Africa in September 2011.
Juliet Cullinan - Freelance Journalist & Author: -
· Hosted her own radio show in Johannesburg
· Writes for international websites, magazines and newspapers since 1989
· Writes her own newsletter for a data base of international wine and food enthusiasts
· Wrote the wine section of the book "Fine food on the Highveld" by Lyndall Popper.
Juliet Cullinan - Internationally Respected Personality: -
· Presented on Wine Education at the Gourmet Festival in Cannes, France in 2006.
· Hosts wine tastings and food and wine pairing evenings internationally.
· Hosted presentations by the visionary food and wine personality Edouard Malbois of the French company Enivrance in Johannesburg and Cape Town in 2005.
Juliet Cullinan - also: -
· Established and ran the Juliet Cullinan Cookery School in Johannesburg for six years.
· Worked as Wine Consultant for Stefan Welz Sotheby's in South Africa for two years.
Juliet Cullinan - In Monaco: -
· Tasting for the Wine Business Club in April 2011 showcasing South African wines
· Tasting for the Wine Business Club in Paris November 2011.
· Wine tastings featuring French wines.
Juliet Cullinan - New Innovative Project for 2011: -
· The aim is to redefine wine as one of the fine arts.
· True enjoyment of life is about "tasting" - tasting with all our senses; food, wine, art, music, architecture and the beauty of nature.
· For the very first time great wines will be experienced with carefully matched food in an environment that allows simultaneous appreciation of art, music and luxury.
· This experience brings increased awareness and appreciation of the finest and the best - true enjoyment of life and the creativity of genius.
Juliet Cullinan - Community Initiatives: -
Juliet Cullinan Wines pledges its support for the Breast Health Foundation in Johannesburg and for Children born with HIV by associating its Wine Activities closely with those organisations.